Tuesday, November 4, 2008

David and Goliath

I read this story with my son today about David slaying Goliath. It is always a good reminder of how powerful God is and the boys like the story because a boy like them slayed a giant with a slingshot and a stone.
Today, the story, although heard by my son many times, was relayed to his older brother because the part he thought was funny was when Goliath says to David "Are you coming at me with sticks like I am a dog?"
How great is the bible that we can read it over and over again and come away with something different or current to our lives at the moment? It's like we can read the same passage many times over and still get something else out of it.
And....of course, reading it through the eyes of a child is always enlightening. Our God has given us this lasting guide to get though our crazy world and it can apply to all of us at any particular time.
Quite vast is God's knowledge, wisdom and love. Would that I could have a small morsel...

No comments: