Monday, November 3, 2008

Did you Vote?

Tomorrow is election day. The hype is finally going to be over and hopefully whichever way the vote goes it's a decisive one because if we have more controversy over this election like for Bush/Gore I think I'll go mad.
I remember voting for the first time. I lived in St Petersburg, Florida and was so excited to be standing in line waiting to cast my vote. MY vote. It was a special day because I really felt like what I had to say mattered in this huge country - and that is pretty important.
If you've never voted - I urge you to sign up and make your voice heard. It's so important that we all get our voice and that we are all counted. So many people in this great country's past fought and often died for our right to vote. Especially as a woman, when our history shows that women didn't have a voting voice for so long - so it's particularly important that we stand up today and make our vote count.
No matter what your party affiliation, take some time to research the candidates platforms and see what is important to you in this world and CAST YOUR VOTE.
One grain of rice can tip the scale.

No comments: