Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Alternatives? I'm over it

So what's the big deal? I mean - it's one day, kids get dressed up and go door-to-door to get candy and we're done. Why the extra days during October to get candy on weekends before Halloween - doesn't that take the anticipation away from the real day?
As a kid, I remember it was very exciting to get candy on that day and it seemed like an enormous amount. I know I never finished the bottom of my pumpkin basket ever, so my Dad probably took the rest to work or something.
Nowadays, it seems like there are so many "safe alternatives" being held but way prior to the actual date of Halloween and people aren't using it as an alternative but more of an additional opportunity to get more candy.
More candy?
Can you imagine?
As for me and my house, we'll just keep going door-to-door on the real Halloween and make it a light, fun holiday. No need for gore or horror - just a fun day, let them eat like five pieces of candy when they get home and they are in heaven.
OK. I'm done with my rant. I promise.
Moving on.

No comments: