Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Amazonite - My current favorite stone


Ahhh- summer. It's not official yet, but here in Florida it sure does feel like it.

Amazonite - this stone is such a reminder to me of the beach. All that is good at the beach - the blue clear skies, the fresh new bathing suits, the smell of suntan lotion, the cool sea spray off the azure waters......

Facinatingly enough, this aqua colored feldspar derives its name from the Amazon River. Amazonite, with its opaque pastel blue-green colors compliments many summer fashions if not the most critical summer fashion statement - the tan.

I've listed a few new Amazonite items in my shop - jensjewelry.etsy.com one of which is a cute sea inspired anklet in sterling silver. Check 'em out! Let me know what you think....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is lovely.