Thursday, May 1, 2008

Welcome to Spot on Jen

I know they say third time's a charm, but let's just say that this is my second attempt at blogging and I'm hoping to have a better experience.
Rather than call any other site out on my first day here in blogspot, I thought I'd just rant a little anonymously and see how it goes.
I had moved more than fifteen times by age 21 and so I would liken this experience at the other site as moving into a new house, new neighborhood and new friends, don't you think? Trying to find your way, your niche?
Well, after a lengthy time setting up my account, building my blog page, uploading pictures and having a rather annoying experience trying to navigate through the hoops of fire, I finally settled in at my other "new location". The furniture was all moved in, if you will.
Venturing out into the new neighborhood, I went in search of groups with whom I could find kinship, common interests and generally see what's what. Let's just say that it seemed I was in the wrong type of neighborhood. It wasn't me. Many, many expletives - no one seemed to be monitoring it AT ALL and so much of people's rantings were about sex. It really took me back a little as if I was a teenager again with all those hormones raging around.
I'm no prude, but seriously, can we not have these blogs and comments around every corner? It seemed to me that it was excessive and more sensational than any real discussion about the subject. I'm all for having riveting conversation and reading someones humorous take on relationships, but the titles alone were jarring.
I took a sip of my unsweetened iced tea and decided not to jump to any conclusions. It will all be OK, I thought. After working so hard on the site, I couldn't see just hanging it up after 24 hours. But, when it's all said and done, I wanted to be associated with a blog site that was respectable and not reproachable.
I'm obviously not a teenager anymore and thusly, would not have to settle for something I'm not comfortable with. After a certain age, one decides to be confident enough in one's self to only do those things that are in line with one's values and morals and who cares what everyone else thinks. Thank goodness that I can actually live in the neighborhood that I choose instead of feeling trapped in one that didn't fit my personality.
So, Spot on Jen has moved into a new house and so far, I really like this neighborhood.

No comments: